Monday, June 25, 2012

Rave: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Tawny


If you've been following me on Twitter, you'll know that I'm on the hunt for a new foundation. I know Estee Lauder Double Wear has been around for the longest time, but I never got around to using it until now.

I happily went off to a local department store (Isetan@Katong) and enlisted the help of a very nice BA by the name of Doreen to get my shade matched and she recommended Tawny for me. She gave me a very generous sample jar of the foundation to try at home. How generous? I've used the foundation about 5 times and I'm still not even quarter way through what she gave me.

So far, I'm liking this foundation. The consistency of the foundation is a little thicker than I'm used to, but I don't find that it feels heavy on my skin at all. I apply foundation using my fingers so I'm able to get it on as thinly as I'm used to.  I like that the coverage is pretty good for one layer. If you look at the pic above, you can see that my blemishes are more or less concealed and my skintone is evened out. I don't even need to use a concealer,  I just dabbed on and blended a little more foundation wherever my pigmentation was a little more severe.

Under natural light, it doesn't look chalky or cakey at all!  I had on just a touch of blush and tinted lip balm, and I didn't look washed out at all.

Staying power is pretty good. The day I took the pictures was a nice warm day, and I was in and out of aircon environments. It held up pretty well and I had only a touch of shininess at the end of the day. I'm wearing it today as well but today's weather is really hot and even at 7.30am I was breaking a sweat just being in the heat. So now, 5 hours after application, I've just blotted and dusted on some mineral loose powder. The foundation itself hasn't budged one bit, I've still got very good and even coverage. Just that I'm shiny! But that's easily fixed and I honestly don't really expect any foundation to stay totally matte the whole day.

So that's my review on the Estee Lauder Double Wear. Would I buy this? Yes. It's not the absolute favourite of the foundations that I've used, but it's pretty high on the list.

Thanks for reading, loves, and have a great day!

Have you used Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation? What do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...