Sunday, January 8, 2012

Haul + Swatch: NYX Retractable Eyeliners!

In my last post, I talked about being on an eyeliner spree, and these are part of my combined haul of eyeliners. I didn't buy all these at one shot, these are from 3 different purchases combined.

These are the retractable eye liner pencils. Much cheaper than the slide-ons that I talked about in my last post, but with a wider range of colours. With the cheaper price, these cannot match up to the slide-ons, which is to be expected. The formulation is slightly harder. While still creamy, putting too much pressure could result in a little dragging over the eyelid. This doesn't seem to be something I experienced with all the colours though, mainly with the purple, so I suspect it could just be that I've gotten a faulty one.

I love the pigmentation of these babies and the ease with which they are applied and the convenience of not having to sharpen. As mentioned, the colour range is slightly bigger than the slide-ons. What kills this for me is the fact that these are not as budgeproof as the slide-ons. Granted, you need to rub hard to get these to smudge, but one vigorous eye-rubbing session and the effects are going to show if using the retractable eyeliners.

I don't think I'm going to be adding on to this particular collection of mine. If I need more eyeliner colours, I'm going to be looking at the slide-ons :) I would pay the extra couple of bucks for peace of mind that my eyeliner is not going to budge!

That said, gypsy blue, golden olive and silky cashmere are going to be making regular appearances alongside with the ubiquitous black and white.

Which colour grabs your attention the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...