Thursday, January 5, 2012

Vanity Pic: Featuring NYX Round Lipstick in Chic Red

Very minimal makeup today. Just plain ol' moisturiser followed by my trusty powder concealer, a dusting of silk powder. Blush used is the Autumn limited edition blush from Body Shop in Berry.
What I really want to show off today are the red lips! I don't naturally gravitate to reds. I'm more of a berry/wine/burgundy kind of girl and red to me kinda screams for attention. But today, I was in a more daring mood and went for the red lips, since I didn't really feel like putting on the eyemakeup too.

I like this colour a lot! I thought that red would wash me out or be too aunty but amazingly this didn't do that to me (of course, only in my own opinion. Others around me might think differently!)

Wearing this colour got a lot of comments from my students though. Mostly "Ma'am, why your mouth so red today!" To which I just retorted something along the lines of drinking student's blood hahah. I love teaching my students. I get to joke this way with them, we have a good laugh, then we get down to the business of study.

So anyway that's my lip for today :)

Just for reference, I've put the pic for the swatch I did in my last post here for more comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...