Monday, January 16, 2012

Swatch: NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Burgundy

I'm a huge fan of NYX Round Lipsticks. They are creamy, moisturising and pigmented. I do need to touch up every now and then, but that doesn't bother me at the cheap price! (roughly about SGD5 each).
I heard good things about the jumbo lip pencils too and decided to give one a go. I picked up one in the shade Burgundy (I've got a great fondness for the berry shades!)


Application was a breeze! The pencil was really very creamy and pigmented. I have quite dry lips and I'm very glad that it doesn't apply patchy, unlike some other lippies that I've got. Texturewise, I think it's almost identical to the round lipsticks.

That being said, I don't think I'm going to be buying anymore of the jumbo lip pencils. This is only a personal preference of mine, not that there's anything bad about the product. The round lippies are virtually the same texture and are cheaper. They are also smaller and hence easier to slip into a small pouch to carry around. Yes, the pencil would be more accurate in terms of application because of the tip, but I carry around a small lip brush for such purposes.

All in all, it's an awesome pencil. But it won't work as a lip liner as it's too creamy and soft and personally I would rather carry around a lipstick than a pencil. I'm going to be using this one a lot while it lasts though!
Pic of the lip pencil in action :)


I so need to tame that bit of stray hair!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello thanks so much for the swatches It was very useful to me , so I bought this lipstick , the color is beautiful and intense, It suits you very good. :D I also keep tracking to be always a hot mamma :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I hope you like it as much as I do!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...