Friday, January 6, 2012

Haul + Swatch + Vanity Pic: NYX Slide On Eye Liner Pencils

I go through phases in which I crave different things to add to my makeup collection and at the moment, that seems to be eyeliners. Before I hauled this lot, I actually only had a grand total of 2 eyeliners. 1 black pencil eyeliner from Bourjois and 1 brown retractable eyeliner from Silkygirl. I kinda have a love hate relationship with the Bourjois Kohl pencil as I love how black, soft and creamy it is, but I hate that if I don't set it properly either with eyeshadow or by smudging, I'm definately panda-eyed 2 hours later.

So anyway, browsing around for eyeliners to play with, I came across this new product from NYX. The swatches floating around the internet were gorgeous and I was immediately SOLD on the colours alone. Sealing the deal were the reviews saying that these babies are comparable to Urban Decay eyeliners and I knew I just had to get some!

Here are swatches of my current collection of the eyeliners:

I initally purchased the glitzy gold, jewel and tropical green to try from EBay just to test them out. Once I tried them, I fell in love immediately and had to strongly resist the urge to immediately order the other 15 colours just so I could own the complete collection! Luckily I could exercise some discipline on myself and ordered just two more from Cherry Culture when they had their Christmas sale.

The eyeliners themselves are called Slide On, Glide On, Stay On & Definately a Turn On Waterproof Extreme Shine Eye Liner, usually shortened to Slide On. I did a test with my first batch of eyeliners to see how budge-proof they were and these are the results:

I ran water over the back of my hand and rubbed at the swatches REALLY HARD, and they wouldn't budge!! Even with a little soap, I had to scrub quite a bit before they came off. To remove cleanly, I had to use my DHC Cleansing Oil.

I'm definitely really sold on these liners. They are very smooth and creamy to apply so it was no problem at all getting an even straight line on my eyelids when I use them. I think these are definitely going to become my HG eyeliners!

Here's a pic of me today wearing tropical green on my upper lids and brown perfection on my lower waterline:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...