Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 3 - Workout and Thoughts

Let's get the details of today's workout out of the way before I go into my rambling...

Workout - HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) Run
30s flat out run
30s slow jog
Repeat for 7 cycles

Simple looking workout on paper (screen!) right? I can tell you I was drenched in sweat and seeing stars at the end of that 7 minutes. I'm not one for loooong workout sessions so I'm trying to get my workouts packed into short but high intensity sessions to maximise the time that I've got.

So anyway, that's the workout and now on to my yammering.

After my workout, I had a good hot shower and I started thinking about what's different about this time around and why I think it's going to help me get to my goals.


  1. I'm putting it all out there. My ugly cellulite pics are up for the whole world to see. I can't hide the ugliness of my body and pretend that everything's ok. I went around severely deluded into thinking that "I'm not that fat, I'm normal!" until I saw a shot of myself from behind that someone had taken. I couldn't really believe it, and then I got hubby to take shots of me from behind and the photos just shell-shocked me. I really couldn't believe that the elephant in the photos was me. So yeah, sometimes the image of yourself in your head is a lot better looking than what people actually see and that was the case for me. Putting my pics up there means that I get to adjust my head-image with my actual-image until they are in sync and I can truly be sure that I'm as hot-looking to other people as I think I am.
  2. I've got a plan in place to obsessively keep track of my food. I've downloaded a pretty user-friendly and naggy app to keep track of the food I eat and the calories. My biggest downfall is food. My friends and family know I love to eat. And when I eat, I really really eat. So, I'm not going to stay away from food in general. I'm not going to limit the type of food I eat. I'm still going to eat what I feel like eating, but to make sure that nutrition and calorie goals are met each day. Consciously knowing that I have to meet these goals should make me subconsciously plan on eating more healthily.
  3. My reward system no longer involves food. Previously, I'd stayed away from all the foods that I enjoyed and rewarded myself with them whenever I hit a weight loss goal. That was insanely STUPID. Because then whenever I got access to them, I binged and nullified all the good that I'd done. So since I altered my strategy and approach to food, I have also decided not to look at food as a reward. Every weight loss goal met will be rewarded with a purchase in another obsession of mine: MAKEUP!!
Ok, I think that's enough rambling from me for today :) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...