Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 17: Checking In + Workout

Hey all, I realise that it's been about a week since my last post. In case you got worried that I got sidetracked and gave up again, never fear! I haven't!

I did get sidetracked a bit due to my birthday (I'm now no longer 20-something, boo hoo!!!) so I did go off track a little bit in terms of one or two missed workouts and taking pictures. I have, however, been checking what I eat, so at least in terms of the calorie count in food consumption, I don't think I did too badly. I will admit to pigging out slightly at my birthday BBQ, but not as much as I usually would have at such events!

So anyway, right after my birthday, I've been right on track with a workout everyday and back to recording every morsel that passes my lips (I've still got to share the app that I use on my phone to do this!). The past few workouts since have just been the 'Crazy Complexes'.

Checking in today, because the workout today is slightly different from what I've been doing so far.

**********
Workout:
5 sets, no rest in between of:
15 x prison squats
10 x pushups (I'm still currently doing the girly version, on my knees. Hoping to scale up to full pushups soon!)
5 x inverted rows (eventually, I'm working to get this up to full pullups)

YTWLI - 10 reps of each

3 sets of 10x barbell bent-over row (2.5kg weight on each end of the barbell)

**********
Since I started working out, I can feel that I'm getting stronger overall. I'm doing my squats more effortlessly, because my body is starting to build up the muscle plus my technique and muscle memory is getting better. Shoulder presses are also easier. I remember 2 weeks ago struggling to get past 5 reps and now I'm doing 10 reps easily. My back muscles do need more work as I'm still struggling to get through the inverted rows, so I'm going to be incorporating more back exercises into my workouts soon.

Alright all, thanks for checking in with me! Have a great day!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...