Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 8 - Workout

Just a quick check-in on this Monday morning. No workout over the weekend, but I still kept track of my calories. Weekends being what they are, bringing kids out to entertain them, I end up eating a lot outside so I either tried to eat healthier options or I downsized my portion by sharing with Evie.

Today's workout was the "Crazy Complexes" again, but I doubled the weight to 10kg. Last workout was too easy, I feel that whenever I do a weights workout I need to feel the muscle strain. To me, a good workout is when at the end of it my muscles feel like jelly. If I'm going to be crude about it, the end of a good workout should feel like I just had really good sex  :P

Isn't it weird that me, who hates exercising with a passion should equate a good workout with good sex? I'm a cranky, angry monster before I have to work out, but at the end of a really good workout, I feel really good and feel a very real sense of accomplishment. It's starting to grow on me. I'm starting to see how people can get addicted to working out.

So anyway, on top of the Crazy Complexes with increased weights, I also did 15 reps each of a YTWLI. If you don't know what that is, here's the video showing the moves.


I added this because I noticed that I'm having some issues with shoulder presses and push presses, so this exercise is going to help me strengthen up my upper back and shoulders. An added benefit is that this also will help me with my posture as I tend to slouch over a lot.

Have great day and thanks for reading!

Love,
Farrah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...