Saturday, October 22, 2011

30 Day Makeup Challenge Day 2 - How Did You Learn to Put on Makeup?

My mum taught me how to put on makeup. She was previously a flight attendant so she had some experience with makeup. But sorry mum, I don't think I learnt that much from you! For the longest time, my repertoire was slap on concealer, then foundation, brush on some bluch on the apples of my cheeks, and lipgloss. When I did put on eyeshadow, it was a swipe of a single colour on my eyelids. I didn't learn about how to choose colours for my skin tone or anything advanced because all I owned for ages was a single blush, a couple of neutral lipglosses and a single palette of 4 earthy eyeshadows.

I started learning (and am still learning) how to put on makeup only very recently, about 2 years ago from watching YouTube and reading beauty blogs. I will do a separate post about my favourite YT gurus and beauty bloggers soon as I believe that they deserve more than just a passing mention here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...