Friday, October 21, 2011

30 Day Makeup Challenge Day 1 - When Did You Start Putting on Makeup?

I actually had a toy makeup kit when I was about 7. Someone gave it to me for a birthday or something and I remember playing around with my next door neighbour putting on eyeshadow and lipstick from it. It was just a cheap little kit and I think the lipsticks were mostly wax and the eyeshadow and blush mostly talcum powder.

The first time I remember having real makeup on my face was for my secondary school graduation party. Mum did up my face with her Estee Lauder. I remember feeling pretty grown up wearing foundation, blush, eyeshadow and lipstick. Previously I'd had only experience with tinted lip gloss.

The first time I actually owned makeup was two years later when I was 18. Mum bought me my first foundation, blush, eyeshadow and concealer to wear for my JC graduation night.

As to when I really started putting on makeup, that would have to be when I started work. In university, I only used makeup on and off, never regularly. Makeup only became part of the daily routine for work.
Ok, so that's day 1 of the challenge done! Let's hope I keep up with the rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...