Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: Jarrow Formulas Max DHA

Hello lovelies!

Today, I'm sharing with you one of the supplements that I take on a daily basis. I've been taking DHA on a regular basis since I first got preggers with my first kid and I've been taking it ever since.

First, what is DHA all about? DHA actually stands for docosahexaenoic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid that is a primary structural component of the human brain, cerebral cortex, skin, sperm, testicles and retina. Cold-water ocean fish tend to be very high in DHA, but have no fear, vegetarians! DHA can also be manufactured using microalgae.

For all the benefits of taking DHA, you might want to check out this link here at FitDay.

So anyway, I started taking this during my first pregnancy to aid in the neural development of my precious, and kept taking it since I was breastfeeding my kids. I take a dosage of 2 capsules per day, which works up to 500mg of DHA per day. When I'm feeling especially tired or down, I take 4 capsules.

I've noticed that with the DHA, I tend to be a little bit less absent-minded and I can focus better. My dad has actually started taking this as well as a preventive measure against developing Alzheimers since we've got a bit of family history with that and he's reported an improvement in his memory as well.

What I really like about this brand is that I don't get fishy burps at all! The brand that I took previously, I hated so much because it tasted fishy going down and fishy coming back up as well. Jarrows has done a super job of containing the fishiness. The dosage per capsule is also higher than most other brands that I have seen previously, and at pharmaceutical grade, it makes the comparatively higher pricetag well worth it.

You can purchase this product from Iherb for USD23.37 per 180 capsules. Don't forget to use my code TAH738 to get up to $10 off your first purchase :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...